One Phat Grrl

onephatgrrl@yahoo.com

Sunday, June 13, 2004

I wanna be sedated

It's Sunday yet again......and you know what that means boys and girls? Yes! It's time to troll the paper to find a job. Ugh. I've already done it for today and found seven little gems to send my resume off to. Hopefully, one of these will be the one---lets keep fingers and toes crossed for me, shall we?

This weekend has been uneventful. Friday, I got ambitious--wait, I'm not sure this will make sense--lets go back a little further. Last weekend, I was feeling ambitious and got a pattern to make a bag for myself (handbag that is). I finished it up and it was cool--I was proud of myself. My mom gave me her sewing machine and I sewed away this week at night to pass the time and entertain myself. Well, on Friday I was feeling quite ambitious and bought myself fabric and a pattern for cargo pants (which is actually several things: cargo pants, skirts, tops, ect.,. Well, I started on them Friday and I'm still not done, although the legs are sewn as is the crotch. I did mess them up a little, but for my first try and sewing clothes, I think I did a bang up job. I'm pretty darn proud of myself, I patted my own back for it.

It does wreck my nerves, meaning it makes me nervous, because I'm trying to pay so much attention to lots of tiny details or not so tiny details, but I find that I do like the work put in to it (even if its wrong) and I enjoy the creating part of it. Started out painting--who knew I'd end up at sewing my own clothes.

At any rate, last night I hung out with my pal Christopher. We did art, ate dinner, and watched a movie, Hedwig and the Angry Inch. I recommend it to anyone who likes strange movies, strange but funny that is. The writer, director and star is a guy named John Cameron Mitchell and he's quite fun. We all had a gay old time and laughed, bucked and snorted which translates loosely in to, "We had a good good time".

Tomorrow is Monday and my brother-in-law starts a new job--again. This time he'll be working for Dell, so at least it is somewhat in the realm of what he likes to do. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but preparing for the same ole' shit it always is--that he lasts a week or two, wigs out then quits.

We'll see.

xoxo